[WNYLUG-Users] New printing error message

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Mar 1 02:22:03 EST 2015

Sorry. I screwed up the model number. It's a Samsung Xpress 2825DW
purchased 02/2014 from Tigerdirect.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SL-M2825DW/XAA

I take it apart enough to clear jams on a regular basis - as far as it
comes apart without actual disassembly.

As far as diagnostics, I can get it to print out a spec sheet and some
usage specs.

The replacement fusers (MLTR116) I looked up say they're good for 9000
impressions and my total page count is 9365.

Note: I'm just assuming that the message is because of the fuser, but I
don't actually know that.

dmesg doesn't seem to show any complaints.

Just looked through syslog, syslog.1, kern.log and didn't find anything
other than all the usual stuff that I don't understand ;)

I'm not sure what the first entry is. I've never seen it before. But,
see below.
This probably has nothing to do with the printer error.

[86699.812031] mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events logged

[166329.724703] usblp0: removed
[166337.932054] usblp 2-1.3.3:1.0: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev
5 if 0 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04E8 pid 0x331E
[166337.932256] usblp0: removed
[166338.008594] usb 2-1.3.3: reset high-speed USB device number 5 using
ehci-pci
[166338.102175] usblp 2-1.3.3:1.0: usblp0: USB Bidirectional printer dev
5 if 0 alt 0 proto 2 vid 0x04E8 pid 0x331E

-----

searched a bit and installed mcelog
here's the output. looks just like a fan needing to kick in?
I do hear my fan running - almost always at the lowest speed.

bigbird at ramdass:/var/log$ cat mcelog
mcelog: failed to prefill DIMM database from DMI data
Hardware event. This is not a software error.
MCE 0
CPU 3 THERMAL EVENT TSC c44cf3d8c577
TIME 1425093487 Fri Feb 27 22:18:07 2015
Processor 3 heated above trip temperature. Throttling enabled.
Please check your system cooling. Performance will be impacted
STATUS 880003c3 MCGSTATUS 0
MCGCAP c07 APICID 3 SOCKETID 0
CPUID Vendor Intel Family 6 Model 42
Hardware event. This is not a software error.
MCE 1
CPU 1 THERMAL EVENT TSC c44cf3d93207
TIME 1425093487 Fri Feb 27 22:18:07 2015
Processor 1 heated above trip temperature. Throttling enabled.
Please check your system cooling. Performance will be impacted
STATUS 880003c3 MCGSTATUS 0
MCGCAP c07 APICID 2 SOCKETID 0
CPUID Vendor Intel Family 6 Model 42
Hardware event. This is not a software error.
MCE 2
CPU 3 THERMAL EVENT TSC c44cf3fda0d3
TIME 1425093487 Fri Feb 27 22:18:07 2015
Processor 3 below trip temperature. Throttling disabled
STATUS 88010282 MCGSTATUS 0
MCGCAP c07 APICID 3 SOCKETID 0
CPUID Vendor Intel Family 6 Model 42
Hardware event. This is not a software error.
MCE 3
CPU 1 THERMAL EVENT TSC c44cf3fde527
TIME 1425093487 Fri Feb 27 22:18:07 2015
Processor 1 below trip temperature. Throttling disabled
STATUS 88010282 MCGSTATUS 0
MCGCAP c07 APICID 2 SOCKETID 0
CPUID Vendor Intel Family 6 Model 42
bigbird at ramdass:/var/log$