[WNYLUG-Users] Video capture and conversion

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Oct 23 14:17:45 EDT 2014

Thanks. I'll try that.

The problem is that the STB puts out analog video that looks like 480P
letterbox, but it's getting recorded as 720P with big black borders.

I was hoping there was some magic to actually "clip" the 480P out of the
720P "wrapper" in post processing. I can't seem to find an option in the
system I have to create it as 480P to start with.

If there's a better hardware/software way to do this right to start with
(in Linux or Windows 7), I'd like to hear about it. I haven't found
anything on Linux which I could get to work at all.

Joe