[WNYLUG-Users] Wireless Trackball

josephj at main.nc.us josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Mar 24 04:17:49 EDT 2012

It's called synclient.  I've been fooling with it for years.  The problem
is that it's got almost 100 parameters and not a very good explanation of
any of them.  I tried setting something - probably in KDE that "turned off
the touchpad while typing".  It lasted about 15 minutes.  I go quickly
from typing to mouse functions and the imposed delay was worse than the
original problem.  There's probably a way to fine tune it, but I don't
know what it is.

I currently have edge scrolling turned off and it does it anyway.  My
touchpad is slightly left of center and my finger usually ends up at the
right edge.  When I mouse over to the vertical scrollbar on the right
edge, my cursor almost always keeps going off screen and off the
scrollbar.  And that's a minor problem!  It's also fun when I mouse up to
the scroll up arrow at the top of the scrollbar and it keeps going until
it stops on the close window button....