[WNYLUG-Users] Accessing my wireless router

matthew mkoerner70 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 07:48:46 EDT 2012

There are many benefits to dd-wrt

Stability of running a linux-based, non-proprietary firmware.
VPN (Virtual Private Network) passthrough capabilities.
Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) controls for bandwidth allocation to
your various Network connections.
Adjustable antenna power to increase your wireless spectrum.
WDS wireless bridging /repeating protocol AKA the "Repeater Bridge"
mode, which allows you to easily expand your network using a second
wireless
router.
Cycle your router from the Administration settings.
Built-in DNS (Domain Name System) caching - speeds up your connection to
an array of sites.
Viewable performance graphs and statistics to watch your network
performance and measure your bandwidth levels.
Configure the router as a Wi-Fi hotspot for your business or neighbors
with a verification page using the integrated Chillispot.
Radius Authentication for additional wireless security.
VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) Support.
A functional DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) server.
Create unique SSIDs (service set identifiers) when using multiple routers.
NAT (Network Address Translation) support.
Frame Bursting Capabilities.
Software support for the SD-Card hardware modification.