[WNYLUG-Users] Accessing my wireless router

josephj at main.nc.us josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Mar 18 03:31:38 EDT 2012

I recently had to reset and reconfigure my wireless router (WRT54G).

I followed the instructions at:
http://technicallyeasy.net/2007/09/securing-linksys-wrt54g-wireless-router/

I can use the Internet with no problems, but I can't access my router
(using a wireless connection) at
https://192.168.1.1

When I do, I get:

Secure Connection Failed

          An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.1.

You have received an invalid certificate.  Please contact the server
administrator or email correspondent and give them the following
information:

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate
issued by the certificate authority.  Please get a new certificate
containing a unique serial number.

(Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)
  The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
  Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this
broken site.

It does not ask me for a password, etc.
What did I do wrong and how do I fix it?

TIA