[WNYLUG-Users] Topic ideas for next meeting ?

Brian Powell bpowell01 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:21:01 EST 2012

Joe,

I wouldnt take a lack of responses as a lack of interest. What I would
suggest is if you are interested in presenting this month simply pick
one of the topics out of the 4 and run with it. If you feel you wont
have enough prep time for a presentation this month or simply dont
want to do it, just let us know so we can come up with something.

We get different audiences based on content so we would like to get
the topic posted soon.

Thanks

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Wayne Maracle <vfr800rdr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be interested in either 1) building from source, or 3) building a
> simple c..... I've never really dabbled in programing, so simple would b
> good for me in this case.
>
> Wayne
>

> On Mar 3, 2012 11:25 PM, "J. Hart" <jhart666 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Brian Powell wrote:
>>>
>>> So would someone like to present on one of the topics suggested here
>>> next meeting?
>>>
>>> Please let us know soon so Neal and/or myself can come up with
>>> something to present on if not.
>>>

>> I can do something on any of the topics I've suggested.   Since time is
>> getting short, I'll repeat three of the simpler ones, and pick one of them
>> myself if no one has any preferences, subject of course to the approval of
>> Neal and/or Brian.
>>
>> 1) building a package from source.  This might be needed if a package is
>> only available in a source tarball
>>
>> 2) building a custom kernel.   (could get a bit longer)
>>
>> 3) building a simple C++ program using gnu make (ex, a simple Qt4 gui)
>>
>> Thoughts ?
>>
>> J. Hart

Regards,

Brian Powell