[WNYLUG-Users] Topic ideas for next meeting ?

J. Hart jhart666 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 23:25:44 EST 2012

Brian Powell wrote:
> So would someone like to present on one of the topics suggested here
> next meeting?
> Please let us know soon so Neal and/or myself can come up with
> something to present on if not.
I can do something on any of the topics I've suggested.   Since time is
getting short, I'll repeat three of the simpler ones, and pick one of
them myself if no one has any preferences, subject of course to the
approval of Neal and/or Brian.

1) building a package from source.  This might be needed if a package is
only available in a source tarball

2) building a custom kernel.   (could get a bit longer)

3) building a simple C++ program using gnu make (ex, a simple Qt4 gui)

Thoughts ?

J. Hart