[WNYLUG-Users] vmware player and Windows 7

Neal Chapman neal.chapman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:08:16 EST 2012

Vmplayer needs to obtain the vmware installer before it can be installed
into your virtual machine. On windows this normally just happens pretty
quickly after installing and starting vmware player. There must be a way to
trigger vmware player to download the vmware tools installers. Try running
vmware player using sudo or as root.