[WNYLUG-Users] Simple picture web page

SilverBear silverbear at inbox.com
Tue Feb 28 15:21:00 EST 2012

If all you want is just a picture displayed, no text whatsoever, but  using the image resizing CSS trick that your link shows, just put the below text into kwrite, or leafpad, or whatever [PLAIN TEXT editor --NO document formatting except for line breaks!!] and save it as a file with the extention ".html" e.g. "mylocalhomepic.html" or whatever.  This will be the easiest way to get it to work on a local HDD.

------------ use the text below this line -----------------
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
<title>local home page picture</title>
body {
        background: url(pict1668.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
        -webkit-background-size: cover;
        -moz-background-size: cover;
        -o-background-size: cover;
        background-size: cover;

------------ use just the text above this line ----------------

2 caveats:
1- you need to rename "pict1668.jpg" to match whatever file you want displayed.
2- The way this html document is set up, it needs to be in the SAME directory as the pic you want displayed.

Cute trick, BTW!  I never used it before. Thanks!