[WNYLUG-Users] Of mice and men

josephj at main.nc.us josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Feb 28 04:09:31 EST 2012

All the newer software including KDE is set up to use the mouse with
scroll areas, gestures, etc..

When I use my touchpad, this "feature" causes me to omit a relatively
constant stream of invective when I'm just trying to get the mouse cursor
from point a to point b.  The worst thing is when I'm going through a very
long page carefully and I'm trying to get the mouse to the next location
of interest and the whole thing starts scrolling.  I can completely lose
my place and my concentration.

Do you know any way to lobotomize it so it will do the following and
*only* the following?

* Move the mouse cursor
* Honor it's physical buttons
* Left click on most or all of the pad
* Right click in a region - like the upper right corner (I can easily do
without this.)