[WNYLUG-Users] QMail Under OpenSUSE 12.1

Robert Wolfe rwolfe at fpsoft.net
Thu Feb 9 15:04:25 EST 2012

To clarify, I used the build instructions at http://lifewithqmail.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: Erwin Hoffmann [mailto:feh at fehcom.de]
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 2:52 PM
To: Darin Perusich
- TAOS-IT; qmail ML
Subject: Re: [WNYLUG-Users] QMail Under OpenSUSE 12.1

Hi

Am 09.02.2012 um 20:33 schrieb Darin Perusich:

> You can still use SysV init script on OpenSUSE 12.1 even though
> systemd is the new facility for launching services. Based on the
> original email sent daemontools is somehow related to the problem,
> which in itself is another replacement for init script.

Since Robert did now tell us HOW he installed Daemontools into the
system -- thats all guessing.

Certainly, daemontools/supervise are not 'another replacement for init
scripts' -- though some people tweaked them to do so.
In fact, DJB's daemontools were some how pioneering the idea of a
service (launchd, systemd ....) though no to be event-triggered.

Thus, what we need is  detailed description, how to set up daemontools
under OpenSuSE 12.1 -- this would help everybody.
If you can contribute to this, please let us know. Otherwise, I need to
have a look.

regards.
--eh.