[WNYLUG-Users] Using Smarthost to relay email from qmail

Shepherd Nhongo shepherdzw at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 01:25:34 EST 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Robert Wolfe <rwolfe at fpsoft.net> wrote:

> Hi all!  Crossposting this on the local LUG mailing list as well to see if
> anyone locally can help, too J****
> ** **
> I have an account set up at JangoMail to use them as my SMTP relay
> service.  However, I was wondering what I needed to do to set up QMail to
> allow it to use them for relaying outgoing email using an username and
> password (SMTP AUTH) to send any outbound messages?

Do you have the smtproutes file ?

as a root user# vi /var/qmail/control/*smtproutes*
add the following entry below in your smtproutes file

jangomail.com:mail.jangomail.com yourusername yourpassword

[<email_domain>]:<mail_server_hostname_or_ip_address> [<smtp_auth_username>

Shepherd Nhongo

Do not Queue mail with SENDMAIL, send mail with QMAIL

Mobile +267 74476040