Christopher Hawkins chawkins at bplinux.com
Wed Feb 1 17:36:12 EST 2012

Assuming mysql default port 3306 is open and not firewalled, you should
only need a user with the right access permissions. Something like this
will create the user and grant access:

GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'someuser'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'somepassword';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON my_wp_database.* TO 'someuser'@'%';
flush privileges;