[WNYLUG-Users] Chrome Deal Breaker

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Jul 31 14:49:27 EDT 2011

Thanks.    So far, its not crashing and, AFAIK, I have the latest
everything (that's stable for lucid).

The problem is most likely with websites that don't conform to w3c (or
whatever it's called) and just don't display or print correctly.  Most
often, they display correctly, but when I go to print I only get the
first printed page of a longer site.  Using print-selection fixes it
rarely and so does the printwhatyoulike extension (really cool if you
haven't seen it).  But often, I I have to use another browser or cut and
paste the whole thing into an OOo writer document and print that to get
it to work right.

I also use the OOo trick for sites that use really small fonts, etc..  I
can easily adjust things like that once it's in OOo and I've found no
way to do that with a web page itself.

Joe