[WNYLUG-Users] Centralized Logging Solution

Robert Wolfe rwolfe at fpsoft.net
Sun Jul 31 11:00:24 EDT 2011

On 07/31/2011 10:53 AM, Justin Elze wrote:
> Have you looked into Splunk?

Um, yeah, otherwise I would not have looked into a more affordable
solution.  Aside from the fact that the enterprise license for Splunk
costs to much, there are also daily limitations as to how much data can
be indexed per day based on that license (based on what the sales guy at
Splunk told me).  I/we don't need the additional expense for such
limitations.  Plus Splunk stores its data in flatfile format versus a
database like MySQL.  Plus the searching syntax in LogAnalyzer is MUCH
MUCH more easier to learn and use than Splunk's is.