[WNYLUG-Users] Shell command suggestions

vip killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:06:05 EDT 2011

create an alias in your bashrc file. edit either /etc/bashrc (for global) or
$HOME/.bashrc and add the line:

alias scriptname='/path/to/script'

the location of these files may vary depending on distribution, also after
you edit those files you need to exit the shell and re-enter for changes to
take place