[WNYLUG-Users] Website display issue

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Jul 7 18:35:35 EDT 2011

I'm having a problem displaying a website correctly.  It has a banner
picture at the top that is completely gone in Firefox 5 under kubuntu lucid.

The website displays correctly in Opera, konqueror, chrome, and in
Firefox 5 running on my Windows XP vm.

The website is:
http://www.shivabalayogi.ca/

and the piece that does not appear is:
http://www.shivabalayogi.ca/Web-Banner1024x380-TestA.jpg

It's a non-commercial website run by volunteers.

If I enter that url in the address bar, the graphic displays (without
the rest of the web page).

I'm talking with the webmaster to resolve this.

Just for the heck of it, I disabled ubuntu extensions (which says it's
incompatible with FF5) and noscript. Had no effect.

I use a lot of extensions, etc., so I started Firefox in safe mode with
everything disabled.  It did not change anything.  It still displays the
same wrong way.

Any insight as to what could be causing a page that "works everywhere
else" to fail in just one situation would be appreciated.

TIA