[WNYLUG-Users] Firefox bookmark problem

frank pirrone fpirrone at verizon.net
Fri Feb 19 00:56:09 EST 2010

Kevin Ward wrote:
> I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 with Mepis.  Firefox won't save any more than
> 13 bookmarks.  When I bookmark the 14th page I don't get an error, but
> when I click on bookmarks there are still only 13 bookmarks.  Did I
> overlook a setting somewhere or is there a bug in this version of
> Firefox?
>
> Kevin Ward
I've never experienced that error with any of the Firefox versions I've
tried, and currently am running 3.6.2pre with smooth sailing.  Certainly
there is no setting that would limit the number of bookmarks.  If you
messed around with configuration files you could have buggered
permissions - that is to say if you manually edited the bookmarks.html
file as root you would have trashed its ability to accept new bookmarks
while running as your person account, but that's not what you're reporting.

Did you do a http://www.google.com/linux search for something like
"can't add firefox bookmarks?"

Frank