[WNYLUG-Users] Symbian

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Feb 14 10:11:56 EST 2010

gotRon wrote:
> Here is an article that may be of interest to someone.

This sounds really cool. Anybody know much about it?

I currently have a relatively simple cell phone. It does pretty much
everything I want it to, but it would be really nice if I could make
some minor changes to its gui.

If I had a phone based on Symbian (or Android), would that be possible?
Could I make changes and then flash my own custom system?

Are there phones I could get that would work in WNY that would support this?

Would doing something like this void warranties, etc.? After trying to
get vendor support for computers running Linux, I won't even ask about
support for a modified cell phone.

How much of a rocket scientist would I have to be to do things like
assign a soft key to a pre-existing menu option that can't be assigned
using the normal configuration options, or to build in something that
would temporarily disable keys to prevent butt dialing or accidental mp3
playing?