[WNYLUG-Users] Network Monitoring

Joe Hoot joehoot at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 12:45:16 EST 2010

Peter,

The biggest question that I'd be curious about is, are you looking to monitor IP's or nics?  Because most SNMP type stuff like cacti or even using standard linux ethtools will monitor based on physical nic, not neccesarily the IP traffic (I believe).

Joseph R. Hoot
Network Penguin
joe at networkpenguin.com
GPG KEY:   7145F633