[WNYLUG-Users] Restrictions

Christopher Hawkins chawkins at bplinux.com
Fri Feb 12 06:21:25 EST 2010

I second that. DansGuardian is the commercial version of SafeSquid, which is FOSS. I use it on a little Centos VMware instance at one customer site for general web content filtering (porn, hate sites, etc.) and it does a great job. It has per user controls and all that, but it's more complicated than a file with sites to block. If you need help getting a working config I can always peek at mine and help with Q&A.

Chris

----- "Cyber Source" <peter at cybersource.us> wrote:
> I'd rather keep it in house and free. SIMPLE and customizable for each user. I don't want to have to reroute all the internet traffic. In the old days (and still could) restrict with bogus info in a hosts file but not sure how I could do this on a per user basis, especially within an LTSP environment.
>
> Wolfe, Robert wrote:

Cyber Source

Could always set up something like Dan’s Guardian/Squid to and direct all web traffic through that to filter out websites you don’t want people to go to.