[WNYLUG-Users] Employment Opportunities

Wolfe, Robert robert.wolfe at robertwolfe.org
Wed Feb 10 22:37:29 EST 2010

I got permission to post the following job openings at the company I work for:

Join the I-Evolve Team / Buffalo, NY
I-Evolve a rapidly growing technology company headquartered in Buffalo, NY is actively seeking candidates for the positions of Field Engineer and Software Engineer to work in a fun and casual, entrepreneurial environment.

Field Engineer
The Field Engineer is responsible for all onsite service and support needs for our customers and reports to the CTO. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix and Microsoft
Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
Communicate to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer's needs
Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
Diagnosis skills of technical issues
Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
Service awareness of all organization's key IT services for which support is being provided
Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services

Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Software Engineer
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and organized with the ability to focus and prioritize multiple projects under time critical deadlines. The applicant will possess proven creative, analytical and planning expertise. He or she must be a team-player who will work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Preferably, the candidate will also have team lead capabilities and experience.

Requirements:
Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Innovative personality, with ability to solely lead projects.
Responsible for modifying, upgrading, and integrating existing code as well as implementing new designs and writing unit tests.
Familiarity with ASP.NET and C#.
Work includes debugging software problems, implementing software code changes and performing software integration and testing for existing and upgraded systems.
Required experience in the following essential technologies:

C#
Unit Testing
Test Driven Development
ASP.NET

We offer benefits including health insurance, 401K, vacation, paid holidays and sick time. Training incentives and exam reimbursements. Salary history must be included for consideration. If you feel you are qualified to join our team, fill out the application provide in the link below. You may mail the application to our address below or email it to jobs at i-evolve.com

Attn: Human Resource Manager
I-Evolve Technology Services
501 John James Audubon Pkwy.
Suite 201