[WNYLUG-Users] Looks like I will miss next meeting of Linux SIG

frank pirrone fpirrone at verizon.net
Wed Feb 10 00:23:48 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

Sorry about both the likelihood that I'll miss the next meeting, Feb.
17, and the uncertainty about it.  It's possible that I'll be able to
get there before it ends, but I don't think so.

My recommendation is for everyone to still meet, and to conduct the
session amongst yourselves.  It will actually be a great opportunity for
enjoyable and valuable sharing, directly P2P.  Be prepared to bring up a
topic of something important to you or something you've been working on
or exploring.  I'd urge anyone who'd like to step forward and be at
least a fall-back presenter if necessary to post something offering and
describing just that.

My plan for this meeting was to address the unfinished business from
last meeting's agenda - and that was most of what I had on the slate:
BASH built-ins, GNU utilities, the CLI, piping and redirection, simple
scripting, using apropos to discover a particular utility, and using man
and info to learn how to make it jump, etc.  You can review my posting
from last month to see further details.

So, have fun, I'll miss the gang as well as what you guys discuss and
share, and will see some of you at WNYLUG tomorrow, some at WNYComSoc at
the next next general meeting, and the rest at the March SIG.

Frank