[WNYLUG-Users] Ok...I give up!

R May mandrake18659 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 16:46:09 EST 2010

Hi, All
Ok...I give up! I got the grub issue fixed, but now that I'm trying to get the printer working on this box for both kubuntu & debian kde, I can't get either one to set up the printer. I have not tried to set up the scanner yet since I'm having so much trouble getting the printer on line.

Here is the background info:
I have a wired router with a printserver, with an HP 1100 laser printer.

The scanner is an old Acer Prisa Acerscan 310P, its a parallel scanner.

Now mind you the printer is working on the two other boxes running fedora, pclinuxos, and mandriva gnome, on one box, and pclinuxos, and mandriva kde on the other. They all see and work the printer! The kde box even has a usb scanner on it and it works too!

So what am I doing wrong? Are debian based distors that hard to set up your printer and scanner?

Help!

Ron:)