[WNYLUG-Users] "fsck" for NTFS

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Aug 11 15:12:49 EDT 2010

  On 08/11/2010 02:22 PM, Joe wrote:
> On 08/10/2010 04:50 PM, Cyber Source wrote:
>> Running vms that sit on ntfs partitions have problems, I don't recall
>> the problems but it had to do with vmware. If u did this intially to
>> create the vm u should change it
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> It's not the boot partition. It's a data partition on an external
>>> usb drive.
>>> I was trying to run a Win XP vm from it that doesn't work yet and
>>> had issues shutting the vm down.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>>
>>> Joe

> Thanks. I'm moving it to an ext3 partition and I'll try it from there.
> It had to be created on NTFS because I don't know how to access a
> Linux partition from Windows - where the standalone converter runs -
> and I don't want to give Windows access to anything on Linux for
> security reasons.
>
> Joe

Holy !@#$% !!! Now it seems to work!

It found "new" hardware, for VGA video and base-something. What do I do
about that?

I know where HP has the drivers for my system on the web, but I don't
really know what the vm wants. I sure don't want it to revert to VGA
resolution video. My desktop (just on the Windows side) is stuck with
that and it's brutal.