[WNYLUG-Announce] October 12 Database Seminar - Stored Procedures and Triggers

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 14:16:56 EDT 2016

This meetup will be at 7PM on Wednesday, October 12, in MFAC 322 on the
UB North Campus. See below for directions to MFAC 322. You will need
them if you are not familiar with the Ellicott complex.

Nate Byrnes will discuss Database Procedures and Triggers. Nate has
spoken to the group a couple times before. We can plan on an informative
and interesting talk.

*Directions to MFAC 322*.

You may want to look at
http://www.buffalo.edu/buildings/building?id=fillmore and
http://www.buffalo.edu/content/dam/www/shared_assets/campus_maps/NorthCampus_bus-routes-opt.pdf.
MFAC is part of the Ellicott Complex which is more or less in the
Northeast corner of the North Campus.

/Here are some very detailed instructions that will work/.

Get yourself to the circle at the intersection of Lee Rd. and JJ Audobon
Pkwy; this is near the bookstore and also near Davis Hall. Head North
past Greiner Hall and Park in the Fargo Lot. (Should the Fargo Lot be
full, proceed to Frontier Rd and then to the Red Jacket lot, park, and
walk back towards the Fargo lot.) Observe the tunnel that heads into the
maze; it more or less looks like an extension of Lee Rd. Notice there is
a sidewalk on the right side. Proceed past the Kathryn Cornell Theater
to a door that says "Fillmore"; it is between doors numbered 123 and
125. Enter. There are stairs to your right. There is also an elevator
just up a very short flight of stairs. Surprisingly, 322 is on the 3rd
floor. Turn left as you exit the elevator and you will find 322 almost
directly ahead. (Phew!)

/Here is a short and sweet set of directions that may work for the
brave/. So, MFAC is a bit of a maze. Parking is off of Frontier road,
near Audobon. Once inside, follow signs for MFAC 300-349, since the
complex is divided into two regions. (If you see signs for Anthropology,
you're in the wrong place). The elevator is off of the bus tunnel, near
a food court by the deli. It is hidden in what looks like a back hallway.

No parking permit is required after 3PM.

/(A Special note: We have created a google group,
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/buffalodata
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21forum/buffalodata>, for
communicating about this meetup group and other things related to data.
While we will continue to advertise on meetup.com and nextplex.com and
probably the bocc and buffalolab groups, I will eventually retire my
infamous email lists. Please join the group.)/

Sponsors for this season are EngineYard (https://www.engineyard.com/)
and Stark and Wayne (https://starkandwayne.com/). We will continue our
tradition of light refreshments at 7:00 with the presentation at 7:15.
Please rsvp (https://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/233669781/) so we
know how many are coming. (Also, if there are any last minute
announcements they will be sent to those who have rsvp'd and members of
the BuffaloData google group.)