[WNYLUG-Announce] Buffalo Database Seminar Update and Survey

Charlie cjwertz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:08:11 EDT 2016

Please reply to this survey if you are the least interested in this meetup.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRwdYtxO9Y4hlkhWcso9agBLBGXA26UoY_aBBhiAoZBg3VRg/viewform

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 8:35:11 AM UTC-4, Charlie wrote:

    I want to update you about some exciting changes happening in our
    Database Meetup group. First, Oliver Kennedy and I are stepping in
    to help me with some of the tasks associated with managing the group.

    *Survey

    *
    We have created a 2016 Survey
    <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRwdYtxO9Y4hlkhWcso9agBLBGXA26UoY_aBBhiAoZBg3VRg/viewform>
    which asks about what you'd like to see in the group over the next
    year. We'd also appreciate knowing your preference for meeting
    night. (There are a couple people who are interested in the group
    but cannot do Thursday nights, but we don't want to make a change
    that will lose anyone.) This survey will be available through the
    first week of August, but the sooner we get your feedback the
    better. Please fill it out if you are at all interested.

    *Communication Changes

    *
    While most things will stay the same, including our affiliation with
    Buffalo Lab, we've been looking for opportunities to change the
    communication paths so that all of our organizers have the ability
    to reach all of you, and nobody is left out of important
    communications (such as weather cancellations). To that end we have
    created the @BuffaloData twitter account
    <https://twitter.com/BuffaloData> and the @BuffaloData Google group
    <https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21forum/buffalodata>. Once most
    of the existing group has made this transition we will announce the
    discontinuation of emails (you will still receive the meetup.com
    <http://meetup.com> notices). For weather notices we recommend you
    follow the Twitter account specifically since the forum posts are
    easy to overlook.

    When there are important announcements we will post to both of these
    locations to ensure we reach the widest possible audience. The
    @BuffaloData Google Group is also meant to be a discussion forum. We
    encourage you to bring your questions and knowledge to the group; as
    well as any suggestions for things we could try in the future. We
    will send you an invite from this group in a couple days; we hope
    you'll be willing to join us.

    *September Meetup

    *
    Buffalo will be home to the CodeDaze.io
    <http://CodeDaze.io> conference on September 15th-16th. This
    provides a unique opportunity for both us and conference attendees,
    so we have scheduled the September meetup for Wednesday, September
    14th starting at 6:30PM. The talk will be given by Glenn Gordon and
    will revolve around Internet of Things, Application Development for
    Web Delivery and Microsoft SQL Server Optimization.

    There will be a social with food and drink before and after the
    talk. This meetup will take place at the Offices of Stark & Wayne a
    short drive from UB Amherst at 10 John James Audubon Pkwy (shares a
    building with National Fire Adjustment Company, Inc.)

    If you have any questions or concerns please just let us know.