[WNYLUG-Announce] Still Time To Sign Up - Database Seminar for Oct 8, 2015 - Doolli

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 18:07:23 EDT 2015

If you haven't signed up yet, I'll give you another chance. Most of the
programming work for doolli has been done right here in good old Buffalo.

This will be at 7:00PM on October 8, 2015 in Room 222 of the Natural
Sciences Complex on the UB North Complex.

*NOTE: THE ROOM HAS BEEN CHANGED SINCE THE ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT.*

Mike Kozelsky will present a demo of and discussion about Doolli.

Doolli is a data management application that allows non-technical users
to organize and structure their data.  It can be used to organize
anything from business reports to recipe collections.  Once the data is
entered, the user can create views into the data and create highly
customized presentations of the information.  It also has the ability to
set permissions and access levels, and the data can then be published
publicly, privately, or with selected individuals.

Mike Kozelsky has worked as a full stack developer in health care and
local government for 8 years.  Since joining Doolli 2 years ago, he is
currently focusing on the back end - making APIs and working primarily
with Java & MySQL.

NSC is more or less between the Governor's and Hochstetter parking lots.
No permit is required after 3:00 PM.

We'll continue with light refreshments as we've been doing. Let's set
7:00 as the meet and get settled time with the talk starting at 7:15.

Our current sponsor is Stark and Wayne. Stark & Wayne LLC is a US-based
consultancy that specializes in Cloud Foundry & BOSH. They are a
founding Silver member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation and are widely
recognized as the leading consultancy, community contributors, and
educators for both Cloud Foundry & BOSH.

Stark & Wayne works on open source projects to make it easier for
companies and their staff to discover Cloud Foundry, onboard it into
their organization, and have success with it. They are also the creators
and maintainers of popular open source projects bosh-bootstrap
<http://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/bosh-bootstrap>, bosh-gen
<http://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/bosh-gen>, bosh-workspace
<https://github.com/rkoster/bosh-workspace>,
community-shared-boshreleases
<http://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/community-shared-boshreleases>
and the staticfile-buildpack
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/staticfile-buildpack/> which
was recently promoted into the Cloud Foundry Incubator program for
consideration as a first-class Cloud Foundry code base. We created the
end-to-end tool chain
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/terraform-aws-cf-install for
booting up Cloud Foundry into a new AWS VPC.

Please rsvp (http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/224032611/) so I
know how many are coming. Doing this helps me a lot.