[WNYLUG-Announce] [bocc] Database Seminar for May 28, 2015 - Firebase and Client Side Programming

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Sat May 9 16:02:49 EDT 2015

This meetup is at 7:00 PM on Thursday May 28 in Room 113A of Davis Hall
on the UB North Campus. Davis Hall is on White Road near the Bookstore.

Our Speaker will be Nick Gianadda. He Tells me the following. I am
planning on putting together a slide deck and discussion on Firebase and
the concepts revolving around "3 way binding" and using Javascript/REST
from the client side as a querying mechanism. ​

[Firebase is an online service that helps you build “realtime” web
applications, including collaboration tools, multiplayer games, and,
yes, chat clients. The trick is that you can build these applications
without creating any software that runs on a server. You can put all
your software logic in the client.] This is from

Who is Nick Gianadda? As the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Algonquin
Studios, I am responsible for overseeing all technical aspects of the
company.  Working with Executive Management to grow Algonquin Studios
through the use of technological resources. Using an active and
practical approach, I direct all employees in Development and Support
departments to attain our strategic goals and strategic plan. In my
role, I am tasked to assure the successful execution of our business
mission of delivering high quality, beautiful and secure software to our
clients and partners. I've spent the last 12 years performing nearly
every role at Algonquin. My background is based in Microsoft .NET
technologies and SQL Server.

Davis Hall is on White Road near the bookstore. Parking is available in
the Jarvis Lot across the Road. No permit is required after 3:00 PM. If
you enter the building from White Rd, Room 113A is the first room on
your left.

We'll continue with light refreshments as we've been doing. Let's set
7:00 as the meet and get settled time with the talk starting at 7:15.

Our current sponsor is Stark and Wayne. Stark & Wayne LLC is a US-based
consultancy that specializes in Cloud Foundry & BOSH. They are a
founding Silver member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation and are widely
recognized as the leading consultancy, community contributors, and
educators for both Cloud Foundry & BOSH.

Stark & Wayne works on open source projects to make it easier for
companies and their staff to discover Cloud Foundry, onboard it into
their organization, and have success with it. They are also the creators
and maintainers of popular open source projects bosh-bootstrap
<http://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/bosh-bootstrap>, bosh-gen
<http://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/bosh-gen>, bosh-workspace
and the staticfile-buildpack
<https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/staticfile-buildpack/> which
was recently promoted into the Cloud Foundry Incubator program for
consideration as a first-class Cloud Foundry code base. We created the
end-to-end tool chain
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/terraform-aws-cf-install for
booting up Cloud Foundry into a new AWS VPC.

Please rsvp (http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/221800269/) so I
know how many are coming.