[WNYLUG-Announce] Database Seminar for Thursday March 26, 2015 - Amazon Aurora

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 14:03:07 EDT 2015

      Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.

UB North Campus, Davis Hall Room 113A 1 White Rd, Amherst, NY

Our Speaker will be Tyler Poland.

"Amazon Aurora was announced at AWS re:invent last fall. It becomes the
fifth option of Amazon's Relational Database Service and represents a
completely new entry for the MySQL High Availability and Scalability
Solutions Space.

Aurora is now available as a private beta. @tylerpoland, Database Team
Lead for @engineyard, will share some of the unique aspects of this
solution and explain where it fits within this crowded solutions space.

Davis Hall is on White Road near the bookstore. Parking is available in
the Jarvis Lot across the Road. No permit is required after 3:00 PM.

We'll continue with light refreshments as we've been doing. Let's set
7:00 as the meet and get settled time with the talk starting at 7:15.

Our new sponsor is Stark & Wayne.

Please rsvp (http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/219349719/) so I
know how many are coming.