[WNYLUG-Announce] Reminder - Database Seminar for February 26, 2015 - Data Retention - Don't Kick the Can

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:34:53 EST 2015

      Preoccupied by the miserable weather? Come to the database seminar
      and you'll feel like spring has come!

      Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 7:00 PM

*
*
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1+White+Rd%2C+Amherst%2C+NY%2C+14228%2C+us>

UB North Campus, Davis Hall Room 113A - 1 White Rd , Amherst, NY 14228

Our Speaker will be Chris Weibel. Chris has told me the following.

It took me a little while to figure out what my topic is going to be,
but this week I had a production issue that inspired me.

*Data Retention - Don't Kick the Can*

/Long running production databases can cause the strangest problems.
There are simple maintenance and design considerations which can be
implemented during development and initial server setup that will reduce
your headaches in the future.  A few of these techniques will be
discussed and the impact "NOT" doing them have had on production databases./

Davis Hall is on White Road near the bookstore. Parking is available in
the Jarvis Lot across the Road. No permit is required after 3:00 PM.

We'll continue with light refreshments as we've been doing. Let's set
7:00 as the meet and get settled time with the talk starting at 7:15.

Our sponsor for the past season has been Empire Innovation Group, a full
service software, development, and consulting company operating in the
financial and healthcare benefit service industries.

Please rsvp at http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/219349682/
<http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/219349682/> so I know how many
are coming.