[WNYLUG-Announce] Database Seminar - 10/23 - Postgres versus Mongo - Sort Of

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 16:05:31 EDT 2014

9/5/14:  David Bishop's talk has been rescheduled from Thursday, October
23, to Thursday, December 4. Time of day and place remain the same. A
new speaker and topic have now scheduled for October 23.

      Thursday, October 23, 2014 7:00 PMNatural Sciences Complex - Room
      220
      <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Putnam+Way+-+UB+North+Campus%2C+Amherst+%2C+NY%2C+14260-1110%2C+us>

Putnam Way - UB North Campus, Amherst , NY

Our speaker will be John Longanecker.

The story about the talk goes like this. Wayne Seguin recently posted a
link to
http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/2014/09/24/postgres-outperforms-mongodb-and-ushers-in-new-developer-reality/
on the page for our most recent meetup
(http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/203940622/). Nate Byrnes
subsequently added a perceptive comment on the same page. John's talk
will start from here.

NSC is more or less between the Governor's and Hochstetter parking lots.
No permit is required after 3PM.

We'll continue with light refreshments as we've been doing. Let's set
7:00 as the meet and get settled time with the talk starting at 7:15.
Please rsvp so I know how many are coming. We have a new sponsor: Empire
Innovation Group: Empire Innovation Group is a full service software,
development, and consulting company operating in the financial and
healthcare benefit service industries.