[WNYLUG-Announce] June 19 - Databases: Distributed, Federated, Partitioned and Broken

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Mon May 12 13:05:00 EDT 2014

This MeetUp will occur on  Thursday, June 19, at 7:00 PM in room 215 of
the Natural Sciences Complex on the UB North Campus. NSC is more or less
between the Governor's and Hochstetter parking lots. No permit is
required after 3PM.

This talk is an overview of concepts surrounding the Management
of Information/Data starting with requirements.

Specifically we will survey the database concepts of Replication,
Backups, Partitioning, Federation, Distributed, External
Data, Preserved, Monitoring, Alerting, Visualization and Broken.

The speaker will still be the inimitable Wayne E. Seguin.

Please rsvp at http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/176264362/.

We've been settling for light refreshments and will do the same.
*doolli* is our current sponsor.