[WNYLUG-Announce] Database Seminar Update and Scheduling.

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 09:30:53 EDT 2014

*First, an important update regarding the April 24 GIS presentation has
been added at http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/172209322/. Please
follow the link for meeting details and to rsvp.*

I have received the following from John.

Can you forward this to the mailing list as well as update
nextplex/meetup with this link:

http://johnlonganecker.com/talks/postgis/

These are instructions on how to setup the virtualbox with an easy to
use interface to type geospatial queries and see the results on a map.
The file size is a little large 951mb, but it includes everything a
person needs to run Postgres/PostGIS inside a VM outside their main OS.

I believe it will really enhance the talk and help people get more out
of the talk.

*Second, two more meetups are now scheduled for May and June. *

The May meetup is only a couple weeks away owing to some scheduling
constraints. On May 8, Bill Chapman will present on custom ETL
solutions, including issues relating to data quality, concurrency, ETL
design patterns and data warehousing (OLTP vs OLAP). Please see
http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/176616902/ for more details and
to rsvp.

And on June 19, we will finally have the inimitable Wayne Seguin's long
awaited, highly enlightening, and world acclaimed presentation on the
database concepts of Replication, Backups, Partitioning, Federation,
Distributed, External Data, Preserved, Monitoring, Alerting,
Visualization and Broken. Please see
http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/176264362/ for more details and
to rsvp.