[WNYLUG-Announce] Next Database Seminar 4/24/14 - Databases: Distributed, Federated, Partitioned and Broken

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 11:24:19 EDT 2014

About a dozen brave and hardy souls showed up on February 27 for
Databases: Distributed, Federated, Partitioned and Broken!
<http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/163903692/> We decided to
substitute a review of an interesting project Wayne and Chris are
working on, involving reliability in a multi server environment.

This talk is now rescheduled for Thursday, April 24, at 7:00 PM in room
110 of the Knox Lecture Hall on the UB North Campus. Knox Lecture Hall
is part of the academic spine and is surrounded by Norton Hall, Bonner
Hall, and O'Brian Hall. It is near Founder's Plaza. The best places to
park appear to be Fronczak, Ketter, and Furnas. No permit is required
after 3PM. (I's great fun learning where all these buildings are on the
campus, isn't it?) This is a different room than I originally posted

The expanded Meetup description goes like this:

This talk is an overview of concepts surrounding the Management
of Information/Data starting with requirements.

Specifically we will survey the database concepts of Replication,
Backups, Partitioning, Federation, Distributed, External
Data, Preserved, Monitoring, Alerting, Visualization and Broken.

The speaker will still be the inimitable Wayne E. Seguin.

We've been settling for light refreshments and will do the same.
*doolli* is our current sponsor.

Please rsvp at http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/172209322/

In order to avoid conflicts with other database meetups and also events
at UB, I am scheduling the next two meetups for May 8 and June 19. More
details will appear soon.