[WNYLUG-Announce] New Location For 11/14 Database Seminar - Natural Sciences Complex

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 18:11:07 EST 2013

We've received more RSVP's  than we expected and need to move to a
larger room. The new location is Natural Sciences Complex - Room 220
<http://www.buffalo.edu/buildings/building?id=nsc>. This building is
more or less on Putnam Way. It's 8 stories and should be easy to find.
Parking in student lots on North campus is free without a permit after 3PM.

This meetup will be on Thursday 11/14 at 7:00 PM.

The program will feature Tyler Poland, a MySQL dba at Engine Yard, a
fine person and an all around great guy. His talk has been inspired by
the book, /Seven Databases in Seven Weeks: A Guide to Modern Databases
and the NoSQL Movement
<http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Databases-Weeks-Modern-Movement/dp/1934356921>/.
He will offer a brief introduction to modern database technologies in
use today and example use cases as well as some discussion of
traditional relational technologies vs their upstart NoSQL counterparts.
He won't be able to provide details of all sevn systems in the time
allotted. I believe the emphasis will be on PostgreSQL and MongoDB.

Light refreshments will be courtesy of Monster Assembly (Monster
Assembly builds products and companies. We also love developer
communities like this one).

Please rsvp at http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/146731892/

We're also considering another joint meeting for December. Buffalo Pass
has Karen Lopez (http://ca.linkedin.com/in/karenlopez) booked.