[WNYLUG-Announce] Database Seminar – coming to a Buffalo Lab near you.

Charles J Wertz cjwertz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:29:10 EDT 2012

Apologies for duplication. I want to cover all the bases with this.

The first Database Systems Seminar will be held at 7:00 PM on Wednesday,
September 26, at Buffalo Lab, 2727 Broadway, Suite 210. The Chief
Instigator, Charlie Wertz, will provide an overview of relevant topics
based on the history and evolution of database systems. With a little
luck, this will not exceed one half hour to forty-five minutes. The
remainder of the meeting will be devoted to comments from those in
attendance. We want to determine your interests and willingness to add
value. The word seminar is used rather than class or meetup because the
goal is to learn from each other. Charlie is prepared to present further
on data systems, dbms concepts, relational systems, and so on, but this
very definitely is not intended to be a one person show. We will also be
looking for sponsors and outside speakers. Charlie is also looking for a
co-organizer, preferably a BuffaloLab member. There will be no formal
charge for this meeting, but we will be looking for a donation to cover
food, soda, and beer. Any extra will go to the lab. If anyone wants to
jump up and be a sponsor (contact Charlie out of band at
CJWertz at gmail.com), we can waive the food donation, but we'll still
solicit a donation for the lab. Please rsvp
(http://www.meetup.com/buffalolab/events/78158552/) and keep your rsvp
current so we know how many will be coming.