[WNYLUG-Announce] WNYLUG Meeting July 8th 2009

Brian Powell bpowell01 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:42:34 EDT 2009

WNYLUG will be holding our next meeting : July 8th 2009 at The PCA
Group, 455 Cayuga Rd, Suite 200, Buffalo NY 14225 (Near the Airport)

Meeting Agenda:

Presentations: Presented by : Brian Jacobs

   1. An overview of POP, SMTP, IMAP, and HTTP protocols, including a
walkthrough of example command sessions using telnet. I'd also discuss
FTP, although it is harder to do a full session with telnet. But I
could walk through the FTP control codes some.
   2. An overview of networking, IP, TCP vs UDP vs ICMP, port numbers.
   3. A discussion of DNS and its role.
   4. IP4 versus IP6
   5. Networking over LANs, MAC addresses, Carrier Sense Multiple
Access/Collision Detection, DHCP
   6. LAN vs WAN

Announcements

Open Floor